Class Spotlight | Fierce Fit Body
Are you looking for a new style of workout where you really have no excuses? We have the answer. Body weight training – a no equipment, no excuses approach to fitness.
What is body weight training?
Body weight training is strength training using your own body weight as resistance. This type of training does not use any additional weights. Great examples of these are press ups.
Why train using your own body weight?
- Body weight training is great for beginners – exercises can be easily adapted to suit fitness and skill levels
- Great way to improve body composition – being able to perform compound exercises using large muscle groups at the same time helps to promote fat loss
- Using your own body weight allows you to be able to perform effective high intensity workouts – this promotes fat loss by having great effects on the body’s metabolism
- Improves your body’s strength asssiting to reduce and prevent injuries
- Knowing how to move your body with correct posture is great for body awareness
So what is Fierce Fit Body?
Fierce body is a High Intensity body weight class. Unlike the other classes we run at Fierce Fit, during Fierce Fit Body we don’t use any equipment just our body weight (maybe, the additional thera-band for a good stretch..).
The idea behind the class is to educate you how to do an effective workout so you can learn new skills and how to move your body!
This class is set up with a no equipment no excuses approach to fitness. We teach you the skills so you can practice at home, without the fancy fitness equipment.
Our sessions include different body weight exercises focusing on full, upper and lower body and core exercises. The class is a mixture of strength based exercises and high intensity cardio style exercises.
Can you do a press up? If the answer was no and I would like to, we can help! We don’t like to call them ‘ladies press ups’ but we can get you well on your way with a modified press up!
Our Fierce Fit Body class runs on a Wednesday evening 7-8pm for more information: